A musician usually composes music, also they can produce choreography or dance. Musicians can be ordered by their function in creating or performing music:
- A conductor coordinates a musical ensemble.
- Composers and songwriters write music.
- An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.
- A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.
Types of musicians
An amateur musician is somebody that considers to music as a pastime and not as a main occupation.
Professional musicians are paid musicians who dedicate all time to their main occupation. Usually professional musicians can work in a studio, freelance or record label.
Musicians constantly practice to be able to develop the skills and their chosen style. For example, the practice of modes & scales by Instrumentalists.
- Singer (vocalist)
- Record producer
- Electronic musician
- Guitarist (Electric, Acoustic)
- Keyboardist (Keyboard player)
- Trumpeter (also Trumpet player)
- Violist (Viola player)